- Staff Software Engineer, Planning (2021 - Present)
I am currently at Waymo, working to make driving safer, smoother, and smarter.
- Tech Lead Manager / Staff Software Engineer, Motion Planning (2020 - 2021)
- Tech Lead, Motion Planning (2019 - 2020)
- Software Engineer, Planning (2018 - 2019)
- Promoted to Staff Engineer in 2 years
- Recognized in Business Insider’s 2021 list of “Rising stars in autonomous vehicles”
At Nuro, I led the team responsible for conceptualization, validation, and deployment of new features and architectures for decision making, trajectory optimization, and simulated agent behavior. I set technical direction and ensured cross-functional alignment to scale up the team and achieve major milestones.
Our team’s work helped demonstrate our robot, R2’s, ability to operate autonomously without a driver nor an operator in a chase-car in Arizona, California, and Texas.
X, the moonshot factory
- Software Engineering Intern, Self-Driving Car Project (2016)
At X, I worked on the planning team to develop numerical optimization algorithms and C++ software for a self-driving passenger car. The initiative later spun out into Waymo, an independent Alphabet subsidiary.